CHILDREN OF AVON
The Avon Foundation is proud to offer the scholarship program for children of Avon Associates in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. NEW IN 2016: Avon has increased the amount of each scholarship to $16,000, paid in annual equal installments over a four-year period. Avon will award four scholarships to the highest scoring applicant for each location, as noted below. There will be four additional scholarships, which will be based solely on merit, not by location.
|Number of Scholarships||Locations||Scholarship Based|
|1||Facilities (Atlanta, Morton Grove, Pasadena, Puerto Rico, Springdale, Zanesville)||Top Merit for Location|
|1||NY Headquarters (777)||Top Merit for Location|
|1||Sales (DSM/DVM)||Top Merit for Location|
|1||Suffern/Rye||Top Merit for Location|
|4||All Locations||Solely Merit Based|
Applicants will be considered for all scholarship opportunities offered in this program. The deadline to submit the online application and all required materials is February 29, 2016. For more information or to apply, please review the 2016 Scholarship Guidelines or select the link to apply.
The James E. Preston Community
As a tribute to former Chairman and CEO, James Preston, The James E. Preston Community Service Scholarship is awarded to a student who meets the selection criteria for the Children of Associates Program and who also demonstrates outstanding community service. One scholarship in the amount of up to $20,000 will be paid in annual equal installments over a four-year period.
The Avon STEM Scholarship
to Honor Xiaochun Luo
To recognize Dr. Xiaochun Luo, former Group Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer at Avon Products, Inc., a new scholarship has been established. The Avon STEM Scholarship to Honor Xiaochun Luo is available for a female graduating senior who demonstrate an interest in pursuing STEM studies (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and complete the required STEM essay.
To qualify, the applicant must be a female graduating senior who has, since the beginning of the second semester of junior year, attended a high school in the Ramapo Central School District in the state of New York or be a female graduating senior who has also applied for a Children of Avon Associates Scholarship. One scholarship in the amount of up to $20,000 will be paid in annual equal installments over a four-year period.
Matching Gift Program
Avon is proud to encourage and support the personal philanthropy of Avon Associates*. Through the Avon Foundation for Women U.S. Associate Matching Gift Program, the company matches eligible donations made by U.S. Associates to a wide range of causes and programs.
- The Avon Foundation for Women will match minimum contributions of $25, up to a maximum of $15,000, per Associate, per calendar year to eligible 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Eligible contributions will be matched at a ratio of 2:1 for up to a maximum of $500; and a 1:1 match for all gifts exceeding $500, up to a maximum of $15,000.
- Contributions may be given in a single gift or in gifts cumulatively totaling $15,000.
- All matching gift requests must be made within one year from the date of the gift to be eligible.
- All full-time, regular U.S. Associates of Avon Products, Inc.
- Members of the Board of Directors of Avon Products, Inc.
- Members of the Board of Directors of the Avon Foundation for Women
To get started, please visit www.givingstation.com/avon
*Avon Associates are individuals who are employed by Avon Products, Inc.