Speak Out Against Domestic Violence Grants
Committed to the mission of ending domestic and gender violence, the U.S. Avon Foundation launched Avon’s global Speak Out Against Domestic Violence initiative in 2004, and has contributed nearly $60 million globally to support the cause. For information on currently funded programs, visit the grants database.
Every funding cycle is a competitive process for all applicants, whether or not they were previously funded. Therefore, please note that re-funding of programs previously supported by the Avon Foundation is never guaranteed. As a result, applicants can apply for new grants each year.
The majority of the following 2015 Avon Foundation-funded grants began their projects on January 1, 2016, and we are working with the currently funded agencies to ensure optimum results.
- The Justice Institute on Gender-Based Violence, a collaboration among the U.S. Department of State, Vital Voices Global Partnership, and Avon and Avon Foundation for Women
- Avon Campus Grants to Activate Bystanders to Reduce Sexual Assault and Dating Abuse
- Avon Domestic Violence Grants to Address Key Findings of the Avon Foundation-funded NO MÁS Survey
- Avon Location and Area Sales Domestic Violence Grants
Please continue to check this website periodically for new domestic violence grant opportunities in 2016.
New 2016 Grant Opportunity Update:
The Avon Foundation for Women announced funding for new grants totaling $200,000 for up to 20 colleges ($10,000 each) upon completion of The National Leadership Institute: Changing the Narrative on Campus Gender-Based Violence, developed by Futures Without Violence in partnership with Harvard Law School and University of Virginia, and funded by the Avon Foundation for Women.
The National Leadership Institute will provide grantees with a comprehensive approach to addressing prevention, response and resolution of gender-based violence and $10,000 grants to implement action plans that will be developed during the Institute.
The grant application is now closed. Please see the following dates for notification:
- May 12 — RFP Posted and Disseminated by Futures and Avon Foundation
- June 15 — Letter‐of‐Intent Application Due Date
- July 15 — Notification of Full Proposal Invitation from Avon Foundation
- August 15 — (Invited) Full Proposals Due Date by 11:59 p.m. Eastern
- September 15 — All Applicants Notified of Their Status
- October and November TBD — The National Leadership Institute: Changing the Narrative on Campus Gender‐Based Violence convened in 2 cities, TBD.