In our ongoing commitment to improve and save women’s lives, The Avon Foundation provides grants to organizations and institutions working to advance breast cancer research, treatment and education, and to those focused on reducing domestic violence and partner abuse.
Speak Out Against Domestic Violence Grants
Committed to the mission of ending domestic and gender violence, the U.S.-based Avon Foundation for Women launched Avon’s global Speak Out Against Domestic Violence initiative in 2004, and has contributed more than $60 million globally to support the cause. Every potential funding cycle is a competitive process for all applicants, whether or not they were previously funded by the Avon Foundation. Therefore, please note that re-funding of programs and/or is not guaranteed. As a result, applicants must apply for potential new grants each year at the time they are launched.
Update on Funding for 2017 Initiatives
In March 2016, Avon Products, Inc. announced the separation of its North America business into a privately held company called New Avon, LLC, comprised of Avon’s business operations in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. The Avon Foundation is pleased that New Avon LLC plans to be a strong supporter of the Avon Foundation’s efforts, and our team will be working together to continue to break barriers and improve the health and safety of women for years to come.
Avon Foundation’s currently funded Speak Out initiatives include:
- The Justice Institute on Gender-Based Violence, a collaboration among the U.S. Department of State, Vital Voices Global Partnership, Avon Products, Inc. and Avon Foundation for Women. Current funding supports Institute collaborations in Manila, Philippines; Bogotá, Colombia; Mumbai, India; Pretoria, South Africa; and Tucumán, Argentina.
- The National Leadership Institute: Changing the Narrative on Campus Gender-Based Violence, a collaboration with Futures Without Violence, in partnership with Harvard Law School’s Gender Violence Program and University of Virginia’s Curry School of Education. Current funding supports 20 colleges and universities in their collaborative efforts to prevent and reduce violence on their campuses in the Northeast (Boston and surrounding areas) and Southeast (Atlanta and surrounding areas).
- Avon Location and Area Sales Domestic Violence Grants currently funds more than 30 domestic violence agencies providing critical support across the U.S.
At this time, there are no new domestic violence grant opportunities. We encourage you to continue to check this website for potential funding opportunities throughout 2017.
Breast Cancer Grants
The Avon Breast Cancer Crusade takes a multi-pronged approach to fighting breast cancer. The Avon Breast Cancer Crusade is devoted to supporting the women and men currently battling this devastating disease, as well as finding a cure. With this in mind, the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade holds open calls for proposals in three areas:
- Safety net access-to-care programs for the medically underserved (Breast Cancer Safety Net Program)
- Outreach programs focused on education and screening (Breast Health Outreach Program)
- Scientific research (Breast Cancer Research Program)
Safety Net Program
The “Safety Net” program supports public, community, and safety net hospitals and health care systems that provide breast care to low-income, at-risk, uninsured, and underinsured individuals, with the goal of supporting programs that improve access to quality and timely breast diagnostics and access to treatment for the medically underserved. A demonstrated commitment to providing health care to underserved populations will be considered in the review process.
Breast Health Outreach Program
The Avon Breast Health Outreach Program (formerly the Avon Foundation Breast Care Fund) supports community-based organizations to provide outreach, breast health education, and link women and men to screening services and follow-up care in partnership with local medical providers.